Dong-Ho Yoo is a registered patent attorney, and handles trademark application, trial, and litigation at AJU Kim Chang & Lee. Prior to joining AJU Kim Chang & Lee, he served as a trademark examiner for Korean Intellectual Property Office over 20 years, and established and managed Yoo Dong Ho Patent Office, which specialized in trademark.
As an experienced expert, he takes charge in application, trial, and infringement lawsuits in various areas related to trademark of domestic/foreign companies. His clients include, but not limited to, cosmetic, clothing, food, and automobile companies. He provides his clients with legal advice on intellectual property rights including trademark, copyright, and unfair competition as well as license and negotiation on transfer of right. Especially, in these recent days, he assists domestic and overseas well-known companies with cracking down counterfeits and establishing strategies, and also handles and advises trademark registration of geographical names.
Areas of Practice
Prosecution of domestic and foreign patent applications and registrations; patent and trademark trials; counseling on IP prosecution and trials
- Invalidity of trademark registration and declaratory judgment of Keumkang Housing vs Dongdo Cons. on ‘Centurium’
- Cancellation of trademark registration for Esquire Co., Ltd. vs Fashion Yahoi’s ‘Sorgente’
- Invalidity of trademark registration for Carmate Co., Ltd. vs Carmate Kabushikikaisha’s on ‘CAR MATE'
- Cancellation of trademark registration for National Agricultural Cooperative Federation vs Haitai Beverage on ‘CHUN NYUN’
- Cancellation of trademark registration for Daewoo Electronics Co. Ltd. vs DaimlerChrysler Co. ‘NOVUS'
- Invalidity of trademark registration for National Agricultural Cooperative Federation vs Min-cheol Park’s ‘TOREORE'
- Cancellation of trademark registration for Toso Kabushikikaisha vs Samsung Electronic on ‘SEC' - Scope of trademark registration for Boryung Biopharma vs Mentholatum Co. Ltd. on ‘MENTHORATUM'
- Cancellation of trademark registration for Young jin Pharm vs Daewoong on ‘UBITEN'
- Cancellation of trademark registration for Boryung Co., Ltd vs Sinil pharm on ‘PHENOUGH'
Education & Career
- Yonsei University (M. A. in Public Administration)
- Examiner of Trademark and Design Examination Team at KIPO
- Representative of Yoo Dong Ho Patent Office
Trademark attorney at AJU Kim Chang & Lee (present)