Youn-hee KIM is a patent attorney in Chemicals/Materials/Bio & Pharmaceuticals Team at AJU Kim Chang & Lee, focusing in the areas of pharmaceutical, gene technology and life science. She represents domestic and foreign clients in the prosecution and litigation of intellectual property rights, and counsels on technology matters related to bio, pharmaceuticals and chemistry.
o Antibody engineering
o Recombined protein
o Manufacturing process
o Bio-process technology
- Gene technology
o Gene polymorphism vaccine
o Gene therapy
o Cell therapy
o Stem cell
- Life science
o Micro cell biology
o Molecular biology
o Fermentation technology
o Bio polymer
Areas of Practice
- Advisory of foreign clients
- Patent filing application and prosecution
- Patent trial and litigation
- Infringement analysis / product clearance
- Patent portfolio counseling and development
- Technical consulting
- Invalidation trial regarding cosmetic composition, food composition, etc.
- Appeal on Decision for rejection regarding biomaterials, pharmaceutical composition, etc.
- Correction trial regarding pharmaceutical composition.
- Patent Litigation regarding food composition, method of construction involving chemical composition, etc.
- Patent Litigation regarding method of construction involving chemical composition.
- Written opinion for court submission on Infringement regarding pharmaceutical composition
Education & Career
- Korea University : B.Sc in Genetic Engineering
- Korea University : M.Sc in Medical Biotechnology
- Registered as a patent attorney in 2003
- WON International Patent & Law Firm
- EZ International Patent & Trademark Law Office
- YOUME Patent & Law Firm
- AJU Kim Chang & Lee
Books and Publications
- Development of CTB expression vector using MAR