Sung-youl Kim Attorney at Law
Attorney at Law
Legal advisor for enterprises
- Graduated from School of Law at Seoul National University.
- Northwestern University School of Law(LL.M with Honours)
- Graduated from Boston University School of Law, U.S.A. (LL.M. in Banking Law)
- University of California (Berkeley) School of Law, U.S.A. (Visiting Scholar)
- Seoul National University Law School (JSD Candidate)
- Passed the 24th state law examination in Korea(Completed the 14th course of the Judicial Research & Training Institute.).
- Passed the bar examination of the State of New York, U.S.A.
- UC Berkeley School of Law Visiting Scholar, U.S.A.
- Associate at Paul, Weiss, Rifikind, Warton & Garrison, a law firm in New York.
- Arbitrator at the Korean Commercial Arbitration Board
- Legal Counsel for the Deliberative Committee on Banking Industry Development in the Ministry of Finance, Korea
- Member of Government Advisory Group on Economic Affairs in the Korea Institute for International Economic Policy
- Member of the Trade Policy Advisory Committee in the Ministry of Trade & Industry
- Lecturer at International Graduate School of Koryo University, University of Seoul and Hong Ik University, etc., adjunct professor at School of Law at Sook Myung Women's University
- Outside Director at Kyungnam Bank, Star Lease Co., Ltd. and Pureun 2 Mutual Savings Bank
-Regular Director of Dan Kook University
- Research member of University Restructuring Policy Project (Ministry of Education Science & Technology)
- Participated in a meeting of OECD Insurance Committee as a national representative (Fair Trade Commission)
- Member of the Communication Committee and the Laws and General Terms and Conditions Review Committee
- Member of the Government Officer Wage Review Committee
- Self regulation schreening member of the Financial Supervisory Commission
- Public enterprise administrative evaluation member of the Ministry of Finance & Planning
- Outside Professor of the Judicial Research & Training Institute
- Substantial Judge on abrogation of listing in the Korea Stock Exchange
- Legal advisor for the Ministry of Environment
- Legal advisor for Ministry of Education, Science and Technology
- Legal advisor for Korea Communications Commission
- International Business Transaction Examination Deliberation Committee, Ministry of Justice
- Regular Director of Korean Bar Association
- Legal advisor for Korean Society of Authors, Governors’ Association of Korea, Government Employees Pension Service, Industrial Bank of Korea, Lotte Asset Development Co., Ltd., KTB Capital, etc.
- A Study on Abrogation of Listing due to Insufficiency of Stock Price Level, Sungkyoon Law (2007)
- Influence on Korean Enterprises’ Mergers or Acquisitions by Trade Form, written by Hyun-Jong Kim & Sung-Youl Kim, International Law & Administration (1993, Autumn)
- Private Lawsuit under Article 36 of the U.S. Investment Company Act, International Law & Administration (1994, Autumn)
- Plan for Strengthening Competitiveness of Banking Industry (Fair Trade Commission)
- A legal study on Substantial Investigation of Delisting(2010)